Retaining Wall Cost Equals Investment for Arlington VA
Arlington VA Retaining Walls
Your retaining wall cost depends on the size of a project and its height. Typical retaining wall costs are about $13,700. Retaining wall cost for a fifty foot linear wall of eight feet is approximately $12,800, and a retaining wall cost of a typical wall of ten feet in height tends to run around $19,900.
Cost to build a retaining wall varies greatly by region. Green Arcres, a professional landscaping firm located in Arlington Virginia, provide free estimates for landscape projects including retaining wall cost. Whether the retaining wall is for reinforcement and the prevention of soil erosion, or purely decorative, a retaining wall requires special equipment, knowledge, materials, and skills, such as those of the professionals at Green Acres
The average retaining wall cost will include:
- Excavation - in addition to preparing the actual wall, the property owner is going to have to consider the excavation and site preparation required. Slope work is generally going to come in at higher costs than work located on a level surface, but according to the RSMeans cost calculation software, the following considerations and prices will apply:
- Clearing and grading of the plot - which tends to include brush and sod removal at a typical cost of $1800 per acre; and
- Materials - remembering that the project is going to require suitable backfill is essential and this will also have to be included in the costs of the project. This might include gravel and soil, or it could also mean the installation of drainage along with a gravel base and high-quality top soil. Costs will vary.
Additional considerations and costs are:
- Estimates and Quotes - like many other major construction projects in Arlington Virginia, it is advisable to seek out estimates from a range of landscape companies. Green Acres provides free site visits and estimates for your retaining wall cost.
- The Engineering - If the retaining wall is vital to the stability of a building lot it might also be necessary to seek the services of an engineer. This should not comprise any more than roughly 17% of any building project.
Green Acres has all the necessary certified, professional landscapers and equipment to assure retaining wall cost and appearance please customers and equals an investment in their Arlington Virginia properties.
Sign Up For Our Free Newsletter
Know the best time to fertilize your lawn? Or which plants like shady areas?
Our newsletter provides expert information about your Northern Virginia Landscaping. It's free and informative. Sign up today!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter Today! and get our FREE 2017 Northern Virginia Landscape Checklist. It's a checklist that will tell you what to do and when to do it for the best looking lawn in the neighborhood in 2017!
Water features can provide you with a great place to relax and is a beautiful addition to any garden or landscape.
A successful landscape begins with a proper design that includes the "right" choice of plants, shrubs and trees for your property.