Retaining Walls Cost - An Investment for Falls Church VA Homes
Falls Church VA Retaining Wall
Retaining walls cost varies according to the choices in design, size and materials for Falls Church Virginia homeowners.
According to the landscape professionals at Green Acres, based in Alexandria Virginia, some of the factors that influence retaining wall cost for Fall Church Virginia are:
- Curves - The more curves in a wall, the more complex the formwork must be. Complicated formwork drives material and labor costs up.
- Reinforcement - If additional reinforcement is needed because of earthquake risk or other factors, cost for materials and labor rise.
- Height - A taller wall requires more concrete, thus increasing your material costs. A concrete wall that is over 4 feet will have to be poured in two phases - footings and then wall. This will cause labor costs to rise.
- Length - A longer wall requires more materials which means material costs increase. A longer wall also means more work for the crew when it comes to digging footings, this could lead to increased labor costs.
- Decorative Finish - A simple unfinished wall will be the most affordable option for Falls Church Virginia. However, adding texture (often with a stone finish) or color to the surface of the wall greatly improve its appearance. Along with this improved appearance come higher costs for both materials and labor.
- Engineering - If the wall is crucial to the stability of a home or other structure it is wise to seek the expertise of an engineer or landscape architect. Fees for specialty engineering and landscape architecture consult can add a significant amount of cost to the project.
Many other factors influence retaining wall costs in Falls Church Virginia. These include location, access, soil conditions, moisture levels and many more. The best way to get an idea of what a wall will cost is to have a few contractors out to give you bids that take into account the unique factors present on your property. Green Acres has the expertise, experience and affordability Falls Church Virginia homeowners seek. And their initial site visit and estimate are free keeping the retaining wall costs down.
The total cost to have a concrete retaining wall installed will be a combination of material and labor prices. For a basic wall you can expect to pay between $30 and $40 per square foot. If you add a decorative finish, curves, steps, lighting or other upgrades, the cost will rise.
Green Acres has been providing award winning masonry projects, featuring retaining walls and landscape services to Falls Church Virginia residents for years
Sign Up For Our Free Newsletter
Know the best time to fertilize your lawn? Or which plants like shady areas?
Our newsletter provides expert information about your Northern Virginia Landscaping. It's free and informative. Sign up today!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter Today! and get our FREE 2017 Northern Virginia Landscape Checklist. It's a checklist that will tell you what to do and when to do it for the best looking lawn in the neighborhood in 2017!
A successful landscape begins with a proper design that includes the "right" choice of plants, shrubs and trees for your property.
Our design team pays close attention to the details of the driveway design to complement your homes existing look.